Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentine's Day Fondant Experiment

Lately, I have watched a lot of the show Cake Boss. REALLY--I have watched A LOT of Cake Boss (the entire four seasons on Netflix in two weeks). When I ran out of new episodes I decided to entertain myself by making my own cakes, and I found out that I really enjoy making and decorating cakes.

I conducted my first cake experiment on Valentine's Day. I decided to go buy some fondant and just see what I could come up with (the Cake Boss is always using fondant).

For the cake I just prepared a Valentine's Day Funfetti cake in a heart shaped pan. I iced the cake in buttercream icing, and I covered it in fondant. Then I just experimented with icing and this is what I came up with. For my first fondant cake it came out pretty well! I sure had fun decorating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment